Today's statement from the counsel for Arndt reveals that he had no knowledge of the allegations until Sheahan went on the "unfounded tirade on social media".
Amore, real name Eric Arndt, 31, who was released from WWE on January 23 after news of the accusations against him went public the previous evening, released a statement Wednesday on Twitter through his attorney, Tom Cargill, in which he unequivocally denied the accusations.
Back in January, Enzo Amore was Champion of the Cruiserweight division and then he was accused of rape and released by WWE. Although the investigation had been on-going for a few months Cargill insists that no law enforcement officials had contacted Amore about the case. This misconduct combined with the "vast amount of online admissions and other publicly available information" proved there was no credibility in the accusation toward Arndt who remained vigilant in his claim of innocence.
The Phoenix Police Department will not be filing any charges against former WWE wrestler Enzo Amore (Eric Arndt).
"No charges were ever filed". The matter is closed.
Arndt posted a letter from his legal counsel via social media thanking his fans for supporting him during his troubled times.
The letter states that the authorities found insufficient evidence to support the complainant's assertions, and that consequently the case would be considered closed. This experience has further taught Mr. Arndt to be cautious with his personal associations, because false, defamatory, and unfounded accusations can alter and impact the lives and careers of the falsely accused and their families.
They said that if new evidence is presented to them, however, it could always be re-opened.
As for Amore. his attorney says the 31-year-old is "working diligently toward his next venture in the entertainment industry and looks forward to reconnecting with his fans in a big way in the very near future".