The stories of sacrifice are many - from people giving up their time and holidays, to the former Thai navy diver, Saman Gunan, who paid the ultimate price when he lost consciousness after delivering air tanks to the cave complex and later died. A second mission, which rescued another four boys, commenced on Monday, July 9.
The aide, Sitthichai Klangpattana, refused to comment on the boys' health or the operation, which has wrapped up for the day.
Reuters reported that eight players have been rescued in unsafe attempts by a world-class worldwide team of divers.
Police and military personnel shield the fifth survivor with umbrellas as he is transported on a stretcher at a military airport in Chiang Rai, Thailand, on Monday.
The identity of the rescued boys has not been confirmed by authorities.
Families have vowed to wait at the cave entrance until all of the boys, and their coach, have been freed from the cave, CNN reports.
The boys rescued so far are in good overall health despite spending two weeks in the dank cave system, Jesada Chokedamrongsuk, permanent secretary of the ministry of public health, told a news conference in Chiang Rai.
"All five will be brought out at the same time today", he said, to cheers from reporters and rescue workers.
The boys were trapped in the Tham Luan Nang Non cave that became flooded by monsoon rains while they were exploring it after a soccer practice on June 23. The mission today is more hard than in the past two days, with all nine to be brought out.
The rescue operation began Sunday and has been progressing rapidly.
Broadcaster ABC said it was Harris who decided in what order they should leave, in an operation that culminated in joy on Tuesday when Thailand's Navy SEALs declared the whole team was safely out, 18 days after the ordeal began.
"The boys were asking for bread with chocolate spread", Jedsada said, adding that the request was granted but they were kept away from spicy food.
The head of the operation, Narongsak Osottanakorn, said a final operation would be "more challenging" because one more survivor would be brought out than the previous two operations, along with three Navy SEALs who have been accompanying them.
The perilous mission saw the boys having to use scuba masks as they were led through the narrow tunnels to safety.
"Water levels are the same like the last two days", he said, adding that rescue efforts were expected to faster than they had been before.
"The main challenge here is that we're dealing with young kids in no way trained to do any diving", Karadzic explained.
Karadzic described the cave as "small, hard to navigate and pitch black unless you have artificial lights".
"I want to go play with them. take him to some restaurants and spend time together".