"The time for hollow rhetoric is over and it can not be business as usual with Saudi Arabia". It also said 18 people had been arrested as part of the case.
In that interview, al-Jubeir described the death of Khashoggi as "a grave mistake" and said that those responsible will be held to account.
"He extended his condolences to the family of the slain journalist. We feel their pain", he said.
His statement to a parliamentary committee will coincide with the opening of a major investment conference in Riyadh that has seen several world and business leaders pull out as the scandal around Khashoggi's death grows.
A bipartisan group of USA lawmakers is accusing the crown prince of directing the operation.
The newspaper says the calls went to the head of the crown prince's office, as well as a number in the United States.
Trump said he planned to consult with Congress to devise a response.
"If the supply is too long, we should be able to cut", Al-Falih said. He also urged Turkey to turn over purported audio recordings of Khashoggi's killing inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
King Salman likewise called Khashoggi's son, Salah.
"Nothing can justify this killing and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms", Germany, Britain and France said in their joint statement yesterday.
"The threatening, attacking or killing of journalists, under any circumstances, is unacceptable and of utmost concern to our three nations".
"There remains an urgent need for clarification of exactly what happened. beyond the hypotheses that have been raised so far in the Saudi investigation, which need to be backed by facts to be considered credible".
Saudi authorities acknowledged on Saturday that Khashoggi was killed October 2 at the consulate under still-disputed circumstances. Turkish officials and reports have suggested that a team of Saudi agents was sent to assassinate him.
The minister is the first senior Saudi official to speak on the matter.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday Turkey will reveal the "naked truth" about the dissident journalist's killing, adding he will make a full new statement on the case when he addresses parliament on Tuesday.
Almost all of the calls for repercussions have centered on whether Mohammed knew of or ordered the operation to kill Khashoggi, a US -based Washington Post contributing columnist and former royal insider turned critic. The Saudi statements did not acknowledge the ban.
That claim though met widespread scepticism.
American intelligence officials have said they intercepted communications showing that Saudi officials were plotting to lure Khashoggi back to the kingdom - an operation that was ordered by the crown prince, the officials said.
"This is a awful mistake", Jubeir told Fox News. Speaking late Saturday after a campaign rally in Nevada, Trump said he needs to learn more about the killing and will be working with Congress on the US response.
Asked if he believed that version of events, Mr Raab replied: "No, I don't think it's credible". The Saudis need us much more than we need them.
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman called the son of Jamal Khashoggi, the kingdom announced early Monday, to express condolences for the death of the journalist killed at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul by officials that allegedly included a member of the royal's entourage.
He was visiting the Saudi consulate in Istanbul at the beginning of October for documents needed for his upcoming marriage.
He says of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation ally: "The Turks have been talking more to the media than they have us".
Saudi Arabia denied any knowledge of his fate for two weeks. "All of this needs to be explained in all its details", Erdogan said.
Speaking late Saturday after a campaign rally in Nevada, he said he will be talking to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman soon. "This is not an explanation; it is a cover-up", Mr. Ryan said.