Imelda Marcos has been found guilty of seven counts of graft by the Sandiganbayan's Fifth Division.
According to the decision made earlier today, Imelda will be facing six years and one month in prison and "up to 11 years for each count".
Graft is a bailable case, however, which means Marcos may be given provisional liberty while she is appealing the conviction. Marcos, who is running for Ilocos Norte governor, is also perpetually disqualified from holding public office.
This is all the information we have so far but watch this space as this story develops.
Marcos and her representatives did not attend the legal hearing on Friday.
The anti-graft court had found Marcos guilty of 7 counts of graft by the Sandiganbayan for using her Cabinet position to maintain Swiss bank accounts during her late husband Ferdinand Marcos' regime.
Former Sen. Aquilino Pimentel Jr., who was also jailed during the Marcos dictatorship, said it was up to voters in next year's May 13 local elections, where Marcos is a candidate, if they want "somebody who has a bad name representing them, that's your call".
She said former Court of Appeals justice Manuel "Lolong" Lazaro would act as her interim counsel as her other lawyer, Robert Sison, is confined at a hospital.
Imelda Marcos was acquitted Friday in three other cases, which were filed in 1991 and took almost three decades of trial by several judges and prosecutors.
He was accused of amassing more than US$10 billion while in office and died in exile in 1989.
Ferdinand Marcos ruled the Philippines for two decades, placing the country under martial law in 1972, during which time thousands of opponents were jailed, killed or disappeared. Imelda's son Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr narrowly lost the vice-presidential election in 2016, a result he is now challenging, and many see him as the natural successor to President Duterte.
Duterte has acknowledged that Imee Marcos, the couple's daughter and a provincial governor, backed his presidential candidacy.